We use Personal Information in connection with the following use cases:
- When you browse or visit the Site
- When you make use of, or interact with, our Site
- When we process your job application
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you contact us (e.g. customer support, etc.)
- When you request an estimate (“Get Covered”)
- When you make use of, or interact with our Dashboard.
When you sign up for an account, login
- CONSENT AND MODIFICATION
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
Finally, please note that some of the abovementioned Personal Information will be used for fraud detection and prevention, and for security purposes.
- HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Retention of your Personal Information. In addition to the retention periods mentioned in Section 4 above, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Information or dealings.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the recipients described in Section 4, we may share your information as follows:
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we will (to the minimum extent required) disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing the Personal Information (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional Services or functionality); and
- Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Information is disclosed.
If you want to receive the list of recipients of your Personal Information, please make your request by contacting us to email@example.com
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Site and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Parametrix, our users, yourself or the public.
- USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or Services for use by children. If you are under 18, you may not use the Site, or provide any information to the Site without involvement of a parent or a guardian. We do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children.
- HOW CAN I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Services, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
- LINKS TO AND INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
- LOG FILES
We make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Our Site utilizes “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- ANALYTIC TOOLS
- Firebase Analytics. We also use “Google Analytics for Firebase”. By enabling this tool, we enable the collection of data about App Users, including via identifiers for mobile devices(including Android Advertising ID and Advertising Identifier for iOS), cookies and similar technologies. We use the information we get from Google Analytics for Firebase to maintain and improve our App(s). We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information unless we have robust notice of, and your prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger. Finally, please note that Google Analytics for Firebase’s terms (available at https://firebase.google.com/terms/) shall also apply.
- AppSee. We use Appsee https://www.appsee.com/legal/terms to collect and analyze data from our services.
- Google Signals. The Website uses a tool called “Google Signals” to collect information about use of the Website. When we activate Google Signals, some existing Google Analytics features are updated to also include aggregated data from Google users who have turned on “Ads Personalization” (Ads Personalization available at https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856/). Audiences that we create in Google Analytics and publish to Google Ads and other Google Marketing Platform advertising products can serve ads in cross device-eligible remarketing campaigns to Google users who have turned on Ads Personalization. Google Analytics collects additional information about users who have turned on Ads Personalization, base across device types and on aggregated data from users who have turned on Ads Personalization. The data is user based rather than session based. The Cross Device reports include only aggregated data. No data for individual users is ever exposed. You can modify your interests, choose whether your Personal Data is used to make ads more relevant to you, and turn on or off certain advertising services in the Ads Personalization link above.
- Facebook Custom Audience
- Lookalike Audience
- Advertising Partners. Through our services, we allow third party advertising partners to set technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile/website identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners will use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising. We allow access to other data collected by the services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your Personal Information with third party advertising partners, you may let us know.
We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the Information protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: May 31, 2020